Preparing for Birth: colouring your pregnancy journey
‘Use my colouring book as you might use your partnership with your midwife – being there with you in the moment, guiding you gently to explore your birth, but at the same time linking you with all the pregnant women who have birthed before.’ Bridget Sheeran
As an experienced community midwife and teacher, Bridget Sheeran knows that pregnancy should be a time for vital physical and mental preparation. The body and mind do much of this automatically but there are many ways to support this process, and to resist the day-to-day stresses that can hinder it. Through detailed images for colouring-in, Bridget invites pregnant women to allow their natural curiosity about birth to lead them to discover how they can help themselves through the process of birth. As women relate to their interpretation of the illustrations, this book can powerfully:
* Allow women in their own time to focus on their needs in pregnancy, birth and becoming a mother
* Motivate mothers-to-be to prepare for birth and the responsibility of caring for a newborn
* Enable personal well-being through relieving stress via the ‘right brain’ activity of colouring-in
* Motivate women to evaluate their personal resources and find the support structures they will need to do the most important job in the world: give birth and nurture their baby.
Please enter a quantity from the available format(s) below.
All eBooks are protected with Digital Rights Management
- please remember to download Adobe Digital Editions on your desktop or laptop or Bluefire Reader for iOS or Android to read your eBooks. (NB - You will not be able to read your eBooks in Adobe Reader.)